Scholarships are financial awards provided to the student by the government, individual organizations, and specific schools. They can be need based or merit (academic ability) based. Scholarships DO NOT need to be repaid.
Scholarships generally require a separate application in addition to the FAFSA and may having varying due dates. A list of scholarships is posted below.
Click on the links for more details. You can also visit the CollegeBoard Scholarship Search to search for the right scholarship for you.
List of Scholarships
- Varsity Tutors Scholarship: - $200 monthly contest - Eligibility: Current high school student planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution or current college student in the U.S. Contest Process Eligible students will submit an entry to the Varsity Tutors scholarship website. Entries must be complete and received by the end of each scholarship contest period. Limit one (1) entry per person during the entry period.
- BBB Students of Integrity Scholarship: Each year, three $1000 scholarships and one $2500 scholarship are awarded to winning students. ONLY current junior's and senior's are eligible. Completed entries are due by close of business on April 15, 2021. For more information follow the link or stop into the guidance office. PDF's is below.
- Brandt's 2020 Youth Scholarship Application: Awarded to a Senior Student who will be attending an accredited full four year college or an accredited two year technical institute in 2019-2020. The student must be a resident of Ashtabula County. Approximately $500-$1,000 in scholarships will be awarded. Please check out their link for more information: https://brantsappleorchard.com/about-us/giving-back/. Deadline: April 23, 2021.
- TCI Student Scholarships: awards student scholarship(s) of up to $1,000 each to tall students who are under 21 years of age and attending their first year of college in the following Fall. The recipients must also meet the TCI height requirement minimums of 5'10" for women and 6'2" for men. http://www.tall.org/list-of-tci-tall-clubs.html
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: offers many scholarships of varying award amounts to Hispanic graduating high school seniors.
- The Ashtabula Soil and Water Conservation District: will annually award $500 scholarships to high school graduates or college students pursuing / majoring in a natural resource field. Scholarships are for one year. Candidates will be evaluated on academic achievement, involvement in community activities and course of study.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars - The Voice of Democracy: Established in 1947 to provide students grades 9-12 the opportunity to express themselves in regards to democratic ideas and principles. The national first-place winner receives a $30,000 scholarship paid directly to the recipient's American university, college, or vocational/technical school. Other national scholarships range from $1,000 - $16,000, & the first-place winner from each (state) VFW Department wins a minimum scholarship of $1,000 & an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. Deadline: Local VFW:
- Edward J. Harvey Scholarship Fund: Ashtabula Foundation: Any person wanting to apply must be a legal resident of Ashtabula County and graduating from a high school in Ashtabula County. Applicants must be planning to attend any higher education institution on a full time basis. For more information please see the pdf below. Deadline is March 31, 2021.
- ZONTA International - Empowering women through service and advocacy: The Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award Program is to encourage young women to participate in public affairs by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. District/region recipients receive $1,500.00. Eligibility is for those women 16-19 years of age on 1st April each year. For more information please click on the link above or stop into the guidance office for more the application.
- For more information please see the PDF below or stop into the guidance office.
- Kiwanis Scholarship 2021: Deadline May 1, 2021. See PDF below for the application. Multiple $700 scholarships are being awarded to graduating high school students entering college of their choice. Please see the requirements on the application.
- Greater Ashtabula Chamber Foundation: Scholarship Application & Guidelines: This scholarship is able to help provide financial assistance to a deserving graduating high school student in Ashtabula County to encourage academic excellence, attain educational goals and succeed to their fullest ability. The value of the scholarship is $3,000.00. Two, $1,500.00 scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis. Please see criteria, selection, required documentation in the PDF below. Deadline for all materials must be received by -------.
- Cleveland State University: SigEp Balanced Man Scholarships (BMS) totaling $2,600 to the top scholarship is $1,000. To be eligible for our Balanced Man Scholarships, a student must meet these criteria: See PDF's below for specific information. On-line BMS application at: www.clevelandstate.sigep.org Application Deadline is August 15, 2021.
- Merle A. Bieder Memorial Scholarship: Applicant must be American citizen, a senior at LHS or ATech and have a grade point average of 3.5 and 4.0 by the end of seven semesters of high school. Deadline is _______. Please stop into the guidance office or see the PDF below for more information.
- T. William Truesdell Memorial Scholarship: Offered to a senior(s) who demonstrates solid academic achievement with an emphasis in mathematics and exhibits initiative in leadership skills. Recipient must pursue advanced education in a recognized trade, business, technical or college institution. Application Deadline is April 16, 2021. Please stop into the guidance office or see the PDF below for more information.
- Gene C. Gephart Memorial Scholarship: Applicant must be an American citizen with a grade point average between 2.5 and 4.0 by the end of seven semesters of high school and a participant of varsity football or varsity boys or girls basketball. Please stop into the guidance office or see the PDF below for more information. Deadline is April 30, 2021.
- Austin Elliot Tome Memorial Scholarship: One-Time award presented to a graduating senior from LHS who has demonstrated his or her Christian faith, love for athletics and strength of character in order to honor Austin's memory. Please stop into the guidance office or check out the PDF below. Deadline is March 27, 2021 NO later than 11:59 p.m.
- The Louis "Skip" Penna Scholarship: Applicant must submit a 500 word essay on the importance of "commitment" and "work ethic". For more information please stop into guidance or see the PDF below. Applications need to be turned into guidance by April 1, 2021.
- William H. Searcy Memorial Scholarship: Applicants must be in an approved program for the preparation of teachers, be in the top 25% of their graduating class, be of sound character, demonstrate above-average achievement on college entrance exams, demonstrate involvement in extracurricular and community service, and be from one the public schools in Ashtabula County. For more information please stop into the guidance office or see the PDF below. Deadline is April 2, 2021 @ 3PM.
- American of Italian Heritage: Four scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00 each will be awarded this year between Lake, Geauga, Cuyahoga, and Ashtabula counties. At least 1 parent of the applicant must be of Italian descent and must be graduating from high school. The selection committee is seeking to award well-rounded students who can demonstrate their dedication and commitment to continuing their education as who are in financial need. For more information stop into the guidance office for a Application Packet. Packet information is also located below as a PDF. Deadline is May 17, 2021.
- Ed Armstrong Scholarship: Selection for the scholarship is based on athletic performance, scholastic achievement, character, and the individual plans to further his or her education after high school. Applicant needs to have a minimum GPA of 2.8/4.0 and the achievement of at least one varsity letter in a varsity sport. Please see the PDF below or stop into the guidance office for more information. Deadline is April 17, 2021.
- Foundation for Appalachian Ohio: Scholarships offered through the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO) are made possible by the generosity of donors who support the post-secondary efforts of the region's students. Please review the following steps to complete the application process. Only complete applications will be considered. Students considering application make sure you have completed your FAFSA and your transcripts are up to date. Please see the PDF below for more information or stop into guidance. Applications will begin to be accepted starting February 15, 2021. Deadline is March 15, 2021.
- AACSE Scholarship: LHS graduating senior based on a combination of GPA, school involvement, and community services. The applicant must be attending an accredited college or technical school. Complete the form below and return with the application to LHS Guidance by April 17, 2020.
- The Ashtabula High School Class of '53 Career Scholarship: Applicant must be an American citizen, graduated from both ATech and LHS with a GPA avg between 2.0-4.0. The applicant must have ALL parts of the application submitted by April 16, 2021. For more details please see the PDF below or stop into guidance for a hard copy.
- Ashtabula Lions Club Harris ~ Dean Memorial Scholarship: Applicants must have senior standing at Lakeside or ATech and must be planning to attend an accredited American college or university on a full-time basis. Deadline is ------. For more information and application stop into the guidance office. The application is in PDF form below.
- Paul Demshar "Pay It Forward" Scholarship: Deadline April 15, 2021 - NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a one-time award in the amount of $2,000.00. The scholarship pays funds directly to the recipient's school. Applicant must be a legal citizen of the U.S., live in Ashtabula County, have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, be accepted as a full time student at a college, university or trade program and demonstrate a need for financial help. Please see the PDF below for more information. You may also stop into the guidance office for a print out and application.
- 2019 ACMC Academy Summer Internship: For high school students interested in healthcare careers. Students will gain hands-on experience, have opportunities to have various one day placements, and be able to have both clinical and nonclinical experiences. Students must be attending a high school in Ashtabula County, be entering 11th or 12th grade for 18-19 school year, have an overall GPA of 3.0 and have NO more than 3 absences / tardies in the previous semester. Deadline for applications: -------. ACMC Application Review: March 25-29. Candidate interviews: April 2019. For more information stop into the guidance office or see the PDF below.
- Morgan Rose Benjamin Scholarship: In memory of Morgan as this would have been her graduation year 2, $1,000 scholarships have been set up. Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, have 2 recommendations from non family members and must write an essay of 250 words. Please see below for the PDF or stop into the guidance office for copies of the application. April 30, 2021.
- The Ashtabula Area Teacher's Association Memorial Scholarship: Graduating senior from LHS who is planning a career in education. Please see PDF below or stop into the guidance office for more information. Deadline to submit application is: April 16, 2021.
- Preston Family Annual College Scholarships: Awards scholarships up to the amount of $2,500.00 each, and is available to first year or returning college students. There is a two-year award limitation. GPA must be at least a 3.0 and the applicant must attend a non-profit college or university. For more information please see the PDF below. All applications MUST be received by the Deadline May 3, 2021. Anything submitted afterwards will be disqualified.
- First Commonwealth Bank Scholarship Fund: A one-time gift of $1,000.00 scholarship high school seniors who will be attending a college or university. Student must have a 3.0 GPA and be a resident in Ashtabula county. Please see the PDF below for detailed information on essay and how to submit entries. Deadline to enter is March 1, 2021.
- The Lester Marrison Teacher Education Book Grant: Applicant must be a graduating senior currently enrolled in a school district in the Northeast Region of the Ohio School Boards Association, and have plans to major in teacher education at an accredited college or university in the state of Ohio. Student must have a 3.00 GPA, demonstrate potential as an education leader and competent professional; must demonstrate community involvement and have evidence of good character. Also, the demonstrated financial need will be considered in the selection process. Deadline: --------.
- Ashtabula County Farm Bureau, Inc: To implement a youth scholarship for any students attending a full-time college, university, or technical school. Scholarship funds are to be used directly for tuition, fees, lab fees & books. Applicant must be a resident of Ashtabula County, parent's / guardian's must be paid Ashtabula County Farm Bureau members both at the time of application and time of pay out, students must be in appropriate school working towards an undergraduate degree and show a 3.0 GPA. Also, a major in agriculture or a support field is preferred, but not required. NO Handwritten applications will be accepted. Please see application for specific deails below. Deadline: April 1, 2021.
- The Jay Sartini Memorial Scholarship - Ashtabula County Business Exchange (AcBE): The organization supports secondary business education in Ashtabula County through scholarships and mentorship programs while encouraging and sustaining entrepreneurship. For applicant information please stop into the guidance office or see the pdf below. The Deadline is April 15, 2021. This scholarship is for multiple $1,000.00 awarded to graduating high school students entering a college, university or trade school.
- John F. Wilson Memorial Scholarship: Candidates for this scholarship are students who are interested in going into the natural resource course of study. This scholarship is $500. You must be a resident of Ashtabula County, have a 3.00 GPA or better and be able to show financial need. Deadline to send in application is May 10, 2019. Please stop into guidance for an application or see the PDF below.
- Rob Livingston Scholarship: Sponsored by the Livingston Family in memory of Rob Livingston who was a longtime educator and coach and to honor him for his faith and dedication to student/athletes. The award is $500. Deadline is April 9, 2021.
- Ron Gaskell Scholarship: Applicant must have attended Plymouth Elementary School. Deadline is April 30, 2021. Please see PDF below.
- Ohio Head Start Association 2021 Scholarships - Ohio Head Start Association, Inc.: To be eligible you must have attended Head Start. The Mary T. Patterson scholarship (up to $500) is awarded to a former Head Start child who is a high school senior or high school graduate to support their pursuit of higher education. This may include college, a certification program, or any training that will increase the applicant's educational and employment opportunities. In addition, the Ohio Head Start Association awards two additional scholarships ($100 each) in memory of Oscar B. Griffith, Jr. All scholarships will be awarded in June. The application deadline is April 17, 2021. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com
- Erie Bank Scholarship: One winner from each eligible school will receive a $500 scholarship, to be used for continuing business education. High School graduating seniors with intentions to further their education at a college or university and seeking a business-related degree. Student must attend a high school in the ERIEBANK market area. Dependents of Directors or Officers of ERIEBANK are not eligible to apply. Deadlines: Applicant form, essay, and letter of recommendation must be received by 11:59 p.m. April 19, 2020. Winners will be announced on March 29, 2019. Please stop into the guidance office for more information or see the pdf below. You may also contact Jill Barry by calling 814-455-8790 or email Barry@ERIEBANK.bank.
- Conneaut Hospital Thrift Shop: Deadline May 1, 2020. Applicant must be a high school senior and a resident of Ashtabula County. Applicant must be pursuing a career in one of the following health-related fields of education: dental, nursing, pre-med, pharmacy, physical therapy, or lab/x-ray technician. This scholarships does not include veterinary sciences. Application must be filled out in its entirety. For more information and the application please see "thrift" PDF's below.
- 2021 AHS/HHS/LHS Alumni Scholarship: Graduating seniors going to college, trade school or any other post-high school educational experience are encouraged to apply. Scholarships may range from $25 - $1000! Please complete and return the application by May 15, 2021 to be considered. *They do prefer to have everything done electronically. See PDF below.
- LACA: Lakeland Area Counseling Association Scholarship: Deadline IS APRIL 16, 2020. This scholarship is for any high school senior in Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga County High Schools with a current LACA member employed by the district. (Mrs. Nooney) Requirements to be met also include, U.S. citizen, minimum GPA 2.5, Must enroll in a certificate program, Tech/Vocational College, 2-yr or 4-yr institution in the 2020-2021 academic program. Please follow for the online application: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/57910-Leaf-LakeGeauga-Educational-Assistance-Foundation