KSUA - CCP
New students must watch the Info Night Video
KSU APPLICATION DEADLINES (New Students):
- Summer 2022: April 15th
- Fall 2022: June 1st
- Spring 2023: October 15th
A student who was admitted and enrolled in at least one KSU course during Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or currently enrolled in a Spring 2022 course, then they do not have to submit a new application if they choose to continue in the program. They will only need to submit the CCP Continuation Form that we will send out soon to their KSU email address. They will need to submit this form for Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and/or Spring 2023 CCP participation.
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION: New Students:
KSU APPLICATION STEPS:
- New students only
- Submit ONE online application found on the CCP website www.kent.edu/ccp
- Be sure to select the campus where the student plans to take the majority of their courses
- If a student plans to take courses through multiple KSU campuses, they can have a discussion and go over their options with their academic advisor once admitted
- Select the semester in which the student plans to begin their CCP participation
- Scroll down and click on the ‘APPLY NOW’ button. Step One is the online application.
- Students can now upload their CCP Permission Form and any test scores into the new KSU CCP Application Portal. They are also required to enter a contact name and email address for a school counselor, or another school administrator, who will then receive a link via email to submit the student’s school transcript (School Report) directly into our online system.
- SSID numbers must be entered on transcript
- It is extremely helpful if all previous college courses that were taken for high school credit are entered on the transcript, including the entire course name and course number
- For middle school students, an academic record with a calculated GPA can be submitted in place of an official transcript
- CCP Permission Form (Found under Step Two after clicking on the ‘APPLY NOW’ button on the CCP website)
- ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer Testing Information
- Keep in mind, if you are working with a middle school student who plans to apply for the program and does not have a high school unweighted GPA, then they will need to take an assessment (ACT/SAT or Accuplacer) to determine their eligibility.
- CCP Eligibility changes has taken effect as of 2/13/2022: 3333-1-65$14_PH_FF_
- Kent State admissions is currently test optional and eligible CCP applicants may still submit an ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer score report if they would like to add it to their KSU record and have it reviewed as part of the admissions process
- Submitting all documents through the student’s application portal is the preferred method of submission
- Take the ACT or SAT if you haven’t already. ACT test dates, locations and registration information is available at www.act.org. Kent State ACT code is 3284. ACT or SAT scores are required for admission consideration into Kent State’s College Credit Plus program.
- All application requirements must be completed and returned to the Office of Admissions by the deadline:
- CCP Permission Form
- Online CCP Application for Admission
- ACT or SAT Scores (Review Fee-Waived ACT Residual Testing Process)
- Official Middle/High School Transcript
For any questions, please contact our CCP admissions counselor: